Sovereign’s Capital invests in growth-stage companies operating in expanding markets, with $500 thousand to $10 million in revenue. In addition to a clear path to profitability and exit, we are most interested in investing in excellent, values-driven management teams motivated by visions that go beyond outsized financial returns.
We invest primarily in industries where our partners and team have relevant experience and expertise: B2C technology, tech-enabled consumer goods and services, B2B technology, healthcare IT, and medical devices.
While our primary focus is in the U.S., Sovereign’s Capital also invests in Southeast Asia, where 2 billion consumers will join the middle class over the next decade. We were the first U.S. fund with investment professionals on the ground in Indonesia investing in consumer-focused startups, which gives us significant advantages in procuring deal flow and conducting diligence in this rapidly expanding market. We provide unique access for Southeast Asian companies targeting U.S. channels to market, and can provide market insights and relationships for our portfolio companies across the U.S. and in Indonesia.1
• Invest $250 thousand to $2 million in teams of excellent operators capable and motivated to win in industries of high growth potential
• Actively partner with companies as they scale, using our industry experience to provide management guidance and assist in strategic planning
• Leverage our regional experience, operator backgrounds, and advisor network to assist with executive team staffing, growth opportunities, and negotiations
• Support portfolio companies by taking board and observer seats, and through regular reviews of performance metrics
• Identify potential strategic and financial buyers before making an investment and throughout our holding period to maintain a focus on exit strategy
1“Capturing the World’s Emerging Middle Class,” and “Winning the $30 trillion decathlon: Going for gold in emerging markets.” McKinsey Quarterly